Click the play button above to watch the video
In New Zealand, basketball is rapidly becoming more popular than some of our most loved sports. How could Schick and Basketball New Zealand recognise basketball fanatics – when they were all ages, came from all walks of life, and were scattered around the country?
The answer was Schick Everyday Ballers, a campaign that galvanised a community around the people at the heart of the sport: the everyday ballers. We used a micro-influencer social strategy to uncover 30 of New Zealand’s most iconic and inspiring ballers, resulting in an ownable, evolving, long-term platform to celebrate basketball in New Zealand.
Five slam dunks
From a very modest budget, Schick Everyday Ballers achieved five slam-dunks:
- 52 pieces of the highest quality, most diverse User Generated Content we’ve ever seen
- The fastest applicant uptake we’ve ever seen
- Reached over 1.5 million Kiwis
- Showed up in over 650,000 Facebook feeds
- Achieved over 360,000 comments, likes and shares from basketball fans.
“To me, basketball is family. Thank you for choosing me as a Schick Everyday Baller, it’s a real privilege” Shona Taikato (draft 3 winner).